If a member has a problem completing their PayPal transaction, you can offer some advice to help them solve the problem. Neither you nor Membership Toolkit can contact PayPal on behalf of the member to help them troubleshoot.
Possible Solutions to Solve the Problem:
- Using multiple PayPal accounts from one computer can create a problem with PayPal. Deleting your cookies may solve the problem.
- If they have created a PayPal account in the past with that credit card, PayPal will require them to log-in.
- Try using a different browser. (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc)
- Try a different credit card.
- You may have a PayPal account and do not know (or remember!) it! (see below)
- Contact PayPal for assistance.
4 am - 10 pm, Monday - Friday
6 am - 8 pm, Saturday - Sunday
UPDATE: August 9, 2012
If a member is trying to use a credit card or email address that is tied to a PayPal account, there is a possibility that the denied card has a hold placed on it. PayPal recently required that users sign a PayPal Electronic Communications Delivery Policy Consent. If your member has an account with PayPal and has not completed this step, their credit card will have a hold on it. Using a different browser will not help.
Not sure if you have a PayPal account? You may be surprised that you do!
TO LIFT THE RESTRICTION
1. Go to PayPal
2. Log-In. If you forgot your password, you will need to have it reset.
3. Answer the questions regarding the PayPal Electronic Communications Delivery Policy Consent