- Administrators choose which information will be collected on the Parent Form (People / Configuration / Parent Form.) These same fields are included in your directory.
- Administrators can also select which Custom Fields are included in the directory. (People / Configuration / Custom Fields)
- Members can update their information at any time, opt-out of the online directory, and control which information is included.
- Any changes to contact information are instantly integrated into your online directory.
User Publish Preferences
- Users have the option to opt-out of the directory. On the "Directory & Publish Preferences" Form in the list of Open Forms, Membership Toolkit asks all users: “Do you want your information published in the directory?” The default is Yes.
- Administrators cannot override a user’s choice to opt out of the directory.
- Users can also control which pieces of their information are included.
Directory Opt Out
- Users can choose to Opt Out of the online directory.
- An Opt Out icon indicates that the user chose to opt out.
- This preference cannot be changed by Administrators.
- Administrators can allow all contacts to be included in the directory or limit directory information to a Group.
- Administrators can also control which Contacts are eligible to be included in the directory.
From the Dashboard, go to People / Contacts.
- Admins can make Contacts eligible/ineligible for inclusion in the directory by using the "toggle directory" button (see above) or by going into the Contact's Record and selecting the "Directory and Account" tab (see below).
- A Directory Icon (see above) indicates that the Contact Information is eligible to be included in your directory.
- If the user chose “Do NOT Publish" on their Directory Preferences, their information will NOT be included in your directory even though they may be eligible. (see Icon above)
- Administrators can allow public access to directory information or restrict access to a Group or Groups.
- Administrators also have the authority to turn on and off access to the directory for individual Contacts.
- From the Dashboard, go to People / Contacts.
- Admins can restrict access by using the "toggle access" button (see above) or by going into the Contact's Record and selecting the "Directory and Account" tab (see below).
- A Directory Icon (see above) indicates that the user will NOT have access to the online directory.
A directory disclaimer can be added to the top of the directory pages. To do this, go to People / Configuration / Directory.
Printing the Directory
The Online Directory has many options for printing. For more information, see the Help Desk Solution: Printing the Directory.