Data Fields - Field Types
When creating Data Fields, there are several types to choose from on the Presentation tab:
- Text (single line)
- Text (multiple lines)
- Select box (drop down)
- Radio Buttons
- Name List (from contacts)
- HTML Block (no field) (The HTML option is available for when you do not want to include an actual field but would like to include a picture or text within the page.)
1) Text (single line) - limits the number of characters the user can type in a single line of text.
2) Text with Multiple lines - allows the user to type as many characters as they want in multiple lines of text. You can adjust the presentation size of the box by entering the number of columns,rows you'd prefer to show.
3) Select box (drop down boxes) - provides a drop down menu for the user to make a selection from. To leave a blank for the default rather than having the first option present as the default, add an extra return at the top of the list.
4) Checkboxes - allows users to see all of the options at once and select more than one option.
5) Radio Buttons - allows users to see all of the options at once, but only select one option.
6) Name List (from contacts) - allows user to select a contact name from your database based on conditions. If a Name List field is set up, you can elect to tag the name/contact on the form and send them a notification. The tagging and notification are set up on the Advanced tab.
For more information regarding Name List fields and Tagged Forms, visit Tagging a Contact on a Form.
7) HTML Block (no field) - allows you to create headings without having a user input field attached.