Messages & Comments - An Overview
The purpose of Messages &amp; Comments is to provide a way to create an on-going conversation about a particular topic or provide a place to post announcements. Once a comment is posted, users with permission will have the ability to reply to the comment or simply "thank" the user for their post.
*Currently, this feature is available to Premium &amp; Concierge customers only.
Examples of when to use Messages & Comments:
- A teacher page to post classroom reminders and announcements
- A teacher page that allows parents and students in the class to post questions and comments
- A coach’s page to post team announcements about upcoming practices and games that allow players to comment about their availability
- A public page that allows open conversation about an upcoming event
- An HOA page that allows community members to subscribe
To use Messages & Comments, you must create a website content page or add it to an existing content page.
You can control:
- Who has access to see the page (just like you normally do on a content page)
- Who can post a comment or message - No Admin Access is needed to post. You choose who can post a comment or message. The access is controlled by user email addresses.
- Who receives email notification when comments are posted – this is controlled by conditions that are tied to the parent and/or student fields (just like a smart list)
- Email notifications for Comments will be sent immediately when a new comment is posted.
- Email notifications for Replies will be gathered in batches and sent out approximately every 4 hours.
More Information About Using Comments