Customizing Membership Types
We recommend adding or editing membership types at the BEGINNING of your membership drive and NOT during membership sales. If you choose to make changes after you have started sales for the year, please follow these steps:
Step 1 - Add New Membership Types
- Go to People / Configuration / Membership Types.
- Add your new membership types to the list. (See Membership Types for instructions.)
- Do not delete the current types that are already there.
Step 2 - Update Membership SKUs
- Go to Store & Forms / Catalog.
- Filter for your Membership SKUs.
- Update your Membership SKUs with the new Types of Membership.
- If you don't already have a Membership SKU set up for the new Membership Type, you will need to create one.
Step 3 - Ordered Items Report for Membership SKUs
- Go to Store & Forms / Reports / Ordered Items Report.
- Filter the Category for your Membership SKUs.
- Pull a list of who ordered each SKU that you updated by clicking on the blue number in the Qty Column.
- Keep in mind, if you granted Membership Status manually to any user, they will not appear on this report and you will need to update them manually in People / Contacts.
Step 4 - Update Membership Types for Selected Members
- Go to People / Parents.
- Select all of the users who purchased one of your updated Membership SKUs (based on your list.)
- Use the "update checked..." button to update the group of selected users to the new Membership Type.
- Repeat for any other updated Membership SKUs.
- Update any memberships that were granted manually by an admin by going to each individual contact record.
Step 5 - Remove Membership Types
- If there are Membership Types that you no longer wish to use, you may now delete them. Please see Membership Types for further instructions.