Setting Up a Stripe Account
(For general information about Stripe - read our article for New Stripe Customers first.)
You will create your Stripe account through the Membership Toolkit Dashboard. Setting up your account through your Membership Toolkit Dashboard automatically connects the two accounts and you will not need to worry about that extra step that is required with TransFirst and PayPal.
Step 1 – Create Your Stripe Account
- Go to Admin / Payment Configuration / Stripe. (You must have Account Owner administrator access.)
- After reading the help text, choose “click here” if you wish to proceed.
- When taken to the Membership Toolkit / Stripe page, choose the option to Sign In.
You will need the following information:
- Federal Tax Id Number (EIN Number)
- Business Address
- Website – You can use either your Membership Toolkit URL or your own domain name (if you have one) and it will point to your Membership Toolkit account.
- Contact information will include your name, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your SSN.
- Bank Routing Number & Account Number for deposits
Once your Stripe account is created you are ready to start accepting online transactions!
If your organization is a nonprofit, you must let their nonprofit team know so you can receive the nonprofit transaction rate of 2.2% + $0.30.