Structure Block Types
Confused by the different options for the types of Block in your Structure? Here is a list of all the Block Types with descriptions:
- Content Block - The Content Block is a placeholder for where content should be entered in the site structure. The main content for the page the user is looking at will be place wherever this block exists within a Region. You must have at least one of these to show content on a page.
- Content Preview Block - The Content Preview Block allows you to call out or preview up to 3 pieces of other content in a block structure within your page template. This block is optional, and you can have more than one.
- Blog Block - The Blog Block is used to display the list of stories in a blog. If the content page being rendered does not come from a blog, this block will be ignored. You must have at least one of these blocks to show blog content in a blog page.
- Menu - The Menu Block is a placeholder for where a menu structure will be rendered. You can configure the CSS class and template information to determine how the menu will be formatted.
- HTML Block - The HTML block is a place for you to put in your own HTML, which will be rendered directly in-line with the Region. This block is optional, and you can have more than one. If you are adding a new HTML Block to your left or right rail and you want it to have the same "box" style as your other blocks, you will need to add "box-index2" to the Class Name on the Block Settings.
- User Info Box - The User Info Block will place the user information box wherever this block exists within a Region. The User Info Block contains links for the user to edit their account information, go to their shopping cart, etc.
- User Credit - This block will output how much credit the user has on their account.
- Google Translate - The Google Translate Block will place a Google Translate widget on your page, allowing users to translate your content into almost any language.