Creating a Promo Code
Promotion codes are a way to offer a discount for users towards the purchase of an item(s). The user enters the promotion code at check-out and the discount is then applied to each item that has been selected as part of the code.
To Create A Promotion Code:
- Enter the name of the promo code and the dates it will be in effect.
- Code Type: Select Manual or Automatic.
- Choose the Discount Method:
Relative $ - take a set dollar amount off the price of the purchaseAbsolute $ - change the price of the productsRelative % - take a percentage amount off the price of the purchase
- Choose the Discount Amount: enter the dollar or percentage amount, using a (-) sign if you are wanting to subtract.
3. On the Products Affected tab:
- Included Product Categories - You can select to discount an entire category of SKUs. This is useful if you are having a sale on all spirit wear items or if you want to offer a site-wide discount. (ie: a "Black Friday" discount) Please note: You MUST have categories assigned to your SKUs for the system to include them.
- Included Products - You can select an individual SKU to discount or multiple SKUs from different categories.
- Note: You must select products on this screen, or the promo code will not work.
- Also Note: The Promo Code will be applied toward EACH included product that is PURCHASED. If you include all spirit wear, EACH spirit wear item purchased by the user will receive the discount. It is not a single discount for the entire order total.
4. On the Restrictions tab:
All of the selected Products - the user must purchase all of the selected SKUs to receive the discount.
Any of the selected Products - the user may purchase one or more of the selected SKUs to receive the discount.
At Least...- choose the minimum number of different SKUs (at the quantities selected) that must be purchased to receive the discount.
At Least Qty... - choose the minimum number of any of the SKUs (at the quantities selected) that must be purchased to receive the discount. This can include multiple purchases of the same SKU.
- Required SKUs: Are any additional products required to apply the promo code? And how many of each SKU are required?
- Note: Restrictions are not required for the promo code to work. You may leave this tab blank.
To use Promo Codes on your site, you also need to set them up in the Configuration:
- Go to Store & Forms / Configuration / Sales Tab
For specific examples and directions for common Promo Codes, see the article: Promo Codes - Examples & Scenarios.