Setting Up Google Translate
To add Google Translate to your Membership Toolkit account, first you need to set up a Google Translate account.
If you have an email address associated with your organization (email@example.com) we recommend using this to set up your Google account.
2. Set up a Google Translate Account & Get the Website Translator Plug-In.
Google's Translate Website Page
- Log in if needed using your Google Account.
- Complete the online form.
Website URL - this will be your domain name: www.ourpto.com
- Choose which languages you want to include in your translation options. Most schools only choose one or two.
- Get your Website Translator. After you complete the information, you will be given a Website Translator Plug-in Code. Copy this into a Word document and save.
- Log-in to your Membership Toolkit account.
- Go to Dashboard / Website / Structure.
- You will create a New Block for the Google Translate. Under "Blocks" go to the Region "left-rail" or "right-rail" and click the "add block..." button. Or, another good place to put it would the "footer" region.
- Choose HTML Block and click the "add block" button again.
- For Block Name type Google Translate.
- In the HTML Content Editor, choose the Source Code button. See graphic below.
- Paste in the Website Translator Plug-in Code.
- Rearrange the block by dragging it to the correct location in the navigation region.
- Don' forget to hit Save!
If you want to add any wording above the Google Translation plug-in, you will need to create a new html block for the wording. Add a new HTML block, Google Header, and type and format wording that you want above the plug-in.