Creating A Website (Content) Page
1. From the Dashboard go to Website / Content / Add New Page.
2. Content Tab:
- Title: Only shows up in your list of content pages.
- Status: Set to "Published" if you want to be able to preview or see the page. Unpublished pages will not show up on the internet!
- URL Slug: Membership Toolkit will auto-populate this field for you if you leave it blank. We recommend you create your slug so that it is reflective of the content on your page or the title. You can use numbers, letters, hyphens, and underscores. It can NOT contain any spaces.
- Story Image: This is the image Facebook will use if you link to this content page.
- Content Excerpt: A short paragraph for your blog. Leave this blank if you do not plan to connect the story to your blog or newsletter.
- Content Body: The text and graphics on your web page. You can cut and paste! It is fast and easy to create new pages!!
- Content Location: Leave as Stand-alone story.
- Page Template: The default for the page template is "Inherit" which means the template will be consistent with the page you created, which is a content page. You can override this by choosing a different template for the page you are creating. Each website template has different options for page templates so this will vary depending on which template you are using. Page Template Options for the Dallas Template
- Publish Date & Unpublish Date: Sets the dates your content will be available. If you leave the unpublish date blank the material will always be available.
- Who can see this?: Choose who you want to be able to view the page. If you select "Anyone can see it," anyone on the web will be able to see this page. You can also require users to be logged in, have admin status, or to be members of a group to see the page.
- Home Page Content: This should only be marked to "Yes," if this is the Home Page.
- Content Date/Time: This defaults to the date/time the page was created.
- Author: This defaults to the Admin that is logged in.
- Allows you to create an on-going conversation about a particular topic or provide a place to post announcements. Once a comment is posted, users with permission will have the ability to reply to the comment or simply "thank" the user for their post.
*Currently, this feature is available to Premium & Concierge customers only. More Information About Comments